Saturday, January 9, 2010

Goals for 2010

Each year we right down what are goals are for that particular new year in our Sunday school class. I thought I would share mine with you all (and maybe look back at this from time to time to remember if I'm accomplishing them!)
They are divided into a few groups.
#1 SPIRITUAL:
I want to engage myself more in church and help/volunteer more.
#2 PERSONAL:
I vow to use more of my craft/sewing items before buying more. It's becoming a little overwhelming for my husband (ok and myself!) The time I take out for shopping could be used in being creative with what I've got.
I also want to get involved with a couple of local charities/ministries. One being called the "Gumdrop ministries". They help children in our town that don't have the food at home during the weekends or days off from school. I think that it's a clever idea that I would like to help with.


Another local charity is the "Poshard Foundation for Abused Children". Glenn Poshard and his wife started this to help local kids that have been abused or neglected. I feel very strong about helping our local children because my mom has been a foster parent for the past 10 years.


#3 SPOUSE:
Spend more alone time together. We are planning on going to Tunica, MS (the next best thing to Vegas.) here shortly.



#4 FAMILY:
I want to finish house projects that have been on the "to-do-list" F-O-R-E-V-E-R!
And last but not least, I want to keep out nightly routine for the kids going without breaking habit. We have never been a family with a routine and it has helped sooooo much to get the kiddos to bed. Pray that we will not break habit, because it's so hard to get things back in order after you have.
Did you notice that I did not put dieting or quit drinking my all time fav~COCA COLA? I knew I would break those resolutions within the first days...and I didn't want to set myself up for failure!




No comments:

Post a Comment